- Product Announcements at HDAW 2019 Showcase Expanded Range of High-Quality Systems and Parts for Vehicle Retrofits and Repairs
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, USA – January 28, 2019 – WABCO Holdings Inc. (NYSE: WBC), the leading global supplier of braking control systems and other advanced technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, today announced the availability of several new safety solutions as well as certified Sheppard remanufactured steering gears for the North American aftermarket. The announcements, made during Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week (HDAW) 2019, reflect the company’s continued investment in high-quality systems and parts for commercial vehicles at every stage of the ownership lifecycle.
Products unveiled today at the WABCO booth included:
- WABCO OnSide™ and OnGuardACTIVE™ Retrofit Kits: Fast and easy to install, these kits enable fleets to add the latest, market-proven collision mitigation/avoidance technologies to existing vehicles. OnSide Blind Spot Detection is a radar-based system that supports drivers in passing and lane-change maneuvers. The system provides a warning when it detects a moving vehicle within a 160-degree blind spot range. OnGuardACTIVE is a radar-based active safety system that can offer collision mitigation, adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning. When needed, the system can actively apply the brakes to help avoid or mitigate a collision.
- WABCO Remanufactured Enhanced Easy-Stop™ Trailer ABS Systems: Available in one- and two-modulator configurations to meet the requirements of virtually any trailer application, these original equipment-quality systems ensure proper braking force is delivered for exceptional trailer stability and control. With the combination of OE-quality construction and performance, WABCO remanufactured Enhanced Easy-Stop systems also help avoid wheel lock-up and reduce excessive tire wear and flat spotting.
- Genuine Sheppard Remanufactured Steering Gears: In 2017, WABCO acquired R.H. Sheppard Co., Inc., a global leader in steering gears and other products for the original equipment and replacement markets. WABCO now offers nearly 400 genuine Sheppard remanufactured steering gear variants, each guaranteed to both look and perform like new. Each unit must pass a 17-point performance check before being approved for market use. In addition, these remanufactured units are covered by the same warranty as Sheppard OEM-service new replacement gears.
- Dump Box Position Sensor Retrofit, part of the SafeStart family of products from WABCO: This innovative WABCO retrofit solution helps mitigate or prevent accidents and violations by warning the operator when the vehicle exceeds a preset programmed speed with the dump body extended. The system features non-contact magnet sensors, rather than mechanical plunger switches, to ensure extended durability.
- MICO® Brake Lock Retrofits: Ideal for construction, mining, agriculture, material handling, multi-stop delivery and recreational vehicles, MICO brake locks provide vital additional brake holding when used in conjunction with the vehicle’s properly functioning mechanical parking brake. WABCO now offers a wide range of MICO retrofits covering single, dual, split or anti-lock braking systems. The brake locks fit most medium and light duty trucks.
“WABCO can help fleets enhance vehicle productivity and safety through innovative retrofit solutions as well as repairs needed at any stage of the ownership lifecycle,” said Abe Aon, WABCO Regional Aftermarket Sales Leader, North America. “Our aftermarket brands are marks of excellence in each of their respective categories, delivering added confidence and value to every purchase.”
WABCO at HDAW 2019
Visit WABCO booth 727 in the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas today through January 30.
WABCO (NYSE: WBC) is the leading global supplier of braking control systems and other advanced technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles. Originating from the Westinghouse Air Brake Company founded nearly 150 years ago, WABCO is powerfully “Mobilizing Vehicle Intelligence” to support the increasingly autonomous, connected and electric future of the commercial vehicle industry. WABCO continues to pioneer innovations to address key technology milestones in autonomous mobility and apply its extensive expertise to integrate the complex control and fail-safe systems required to efficiently and safely govern vehicle dynamics at every stage of a vehicle’s journey – on the highway, in the city and at the depot. Today, leading truck, bus and trailer brands worldwide rely on WABCO’s differentiating technologies. Powered by its vision for accident-free driving and greener transportation solutions, WABCO is also at the forefront of advanced fleet management systems and digital services that contribute to commercial fleet efficiency. In 2017, WABCO reported sales of $3.3 billion and has nearly 15,000 employees in 40 countries. For more information, visit www.wabco-auto.com and, for WABCO’s 2017 Annual Report, visit ar.wabco-auto.com.